Well its coming up to that time of the year again, resolutions at the ready everyone….
I absolutely love New Year resolutions, however they are only worth while if we can try to keep to them for at least longer than a few days!!!
My son has a saying for the January gym goers, probably better I didn’t repeat it!!!
It doesn’t have to be exercise, it can be anything that helps shape you and your future.
Self reflection is a fantastic tool to help with a number of things, its perhaps something we do too little, probably because we are afraid of facing things…….
Let’s first just think about “Reflection” it can be produced from light, sound and water waves.
Its a wondrush, astonishing, fascinating form of Physics.
Nature itself produces beautiful examples, the light and water droplet reflect the flowers with extradinary results.
Other magnificent reflections with a wave reflector the mirror, and water waves, each one leaving us in utter disbelief of their beauty…….
“Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle was real, and you’re just a reflection of him”
“Reflect upon your present blessings — of which every man has many — not on your last misfortunes, of which all men have some”
Self reflection has positive results!
Self reflection has to be done with ~
1. Knowing what you are reflecting on :-
i.e ~ to change a habit or lifestyle
~ to help change a relationship.
2. Being honest to yourself why you want to change…….
3. Find somewhere quiet, be alone and maybe put on some calming music to help you relax and think more clearly.
4. Write down your thoughts, read them however painful. Clearing the mind by written word, I find incredibly powerful. We are all different though remember, but give it a try!
5. Now you have reflected on what you want to change and honestly….
6. Its time to write down aims, with a time scale for each.
That way you can refer to them and don’t get too hung up if you are a little behind time. As long as you don’t lie to yourself……
Reflection produces amazement!
The kind of transformation that self reflection can produce is worth a try, I’d say.
Our thoughts and feelings playing their roles again, thoughts positive, results feeling amazing……
Always remember each and everyone of us is special!
So now with all these tools let’s go and think about what resolutions we want to try this New Year.
Let’s make 2017 a year to remember…
What are your New Year resolutions?
Posted from WordPress for Android